Last update: 9 June 2023
FedEx Express International B.V.
Attn: Legal Department
2132 LS Hoofddorp
This Cookie Notice answers the following questions:
- Does this Cookie Notice apply to you?
- What are cookies and who puts them on my device?
- What categories of cookies does Step Up use?
- How can I disable or delete cookies?
- Where can you find a list of cookies Step Up uses?
- What if you have other questions or complaints?
- Will there be updates to this Cookie Notice?
1. Does this Cookie Notice apply to you?
2. What are cookies and who puts them on my device?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that are sent to your device when you visit our website. When you visit our website again, the cookie allows the website to recognize your browser and read certain information stored in this cookie. Cookies are widely used on many sites for various purposes.
Cookies may be placed on your device by Step Up as the site operator. These cookies are called ‘first party’ cookies. Some cookies may be placed on your device by other parties than Step Up, such as our advertisers or parties that place cookies to enable the analysis of the use of our Websites. These cookies are called ‘third party’ cookies.
Please note that any data, including personal data, collected by third parties outside of our website are not governed by this Cookie Notice, but by the privacy and cookie notices of those third parties.
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to our website
- Measure how many people use our Websites and how they use them to keep our Websites running efficiently, improve our Websites and better understand our audiences. For those purposes, we can also analyse your visiting patterns, including your mouse patterns
- Analyse and solve technical or organisational issues related to our Websites (troubleshooting)
4. What categories of cookies does Step Up use?
We use functional and analytical cookies:
- Functional Cookies. We use ‘functional cookies’ for the purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of communication via the Internet. Furthermore, we use these cookies when they are strictly necessary in order to provide our services to you, for example to use a shopping cart or to log in to secure areas of our Websites. Disabling these cookies may affect the performance of our Websites or may make some of the features and services unavailable.
- Analytical Cookies. We use ‘analytical cookies’ in order to learn and understand how our visitors engage with our Websites. These cookies allow us to improve and optimize our Websites, for example by ensuring that our visitors can easily find the information they are looking for. In order to analyse how our Websites are used, we count the number of visitors, the number of visits, the number of pages you use or the location from which you visit our Websites. We only use your location if you allow us to do so. Analytical cookies also help us to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns. This allows us to improve the campaigns and optimize our Websites’ content for those who engage with advertising.
5. How can I disable or delete cookies?
If you no longer want cookies to be stored on your device, you can withdraw your consent at any time by adjusting your browser settings, so that your browser refuses all cookies or the cookies from third parties. You can also delete the cookies that have already been placed on your device.
If the cookies are disabled, our Websites will continue to work. Moreover, disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements. This only means that advertisements will not be adjusted to your interests anymore or that they will be repeated more often. If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
The method of managing your cookie settings or delete cookies may differ per browser. Please use the Help-function in your browser.
If you need more information about your rights in relation to any processing of your personal data based on cookies, we refer to our Step Up Candidate Privacy Notice. You can find the link under paragraph 1 of this Cookie Notice.
6. Where can you find a list of cookies Step Up uses?
7. What if you have other questions or complaints?
8. Will there be updates to this Cookie Notice?
Step Up may update this Cookie Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, Step Up will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. Step Up will always publish an up-to-date Cookie Notice on our Website, indicating the latest amendments.
© 2023 FedEx