Ready to apply?
New applications for the 2024 program will be open from 1st September 2023.
First, just check you meet the following criteria and have the right language skills.
Studying in France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands or the United Kingdom
- In France or Belgium: currently enrolled in your first year of Master Degree in Law for academic year 2023-2024 (Master 1)
- In the Netherlands: enrolled for your Master or Pre-Master in Law when you start the program
- In Germany: successfully completed your intermediate exam
- In the United Kingdom: students that have completed their Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and are planning to complete either the LPC or SQE*
- Available in July and August 2024
- Authorized to work in the European Union or the United Kingdom as applicable without a working permit
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Eager to learn how business acumen is applied to in-house counsel in an international environment
- Pragmatic, business and solutions oriented
- Team player, willing to support cross-functional project teams
- Belgium or the Netherlands: Fluent English is required; local languages are a plus.
- France: French is required; English is a plus.
- Germany: German and English are required
- The United Kingdom: English is required
How to apply
New applications for the 2024 program will be open as of September 2023. You will need to send your application to Step-Up_Program@fedex.com
- Motivation letter: include what diversity means to you.
- Resume: list your language skills and specific legal studies.
Click here for more information on what to include in your motivation letter and resume.
Candidates will be chosen by the STEP UP selection team and matched with the partnered companies in their country of study. Company locations are:
- The Netherlands;
- The United Kingdom.
In some cases, the candidate will meet virtually with the partnered company before the final selection.
This program is supported by the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) and the Belgian Institute of Company Lawyers (IBJ / IJE)